Nail health is an imperative aspect of health and hygiene that should not be disregarded. One of the most prevalent beauty issues that people encounter worldwide is nail damage. Numerous circumstances, including a diet lacking in sufficient nutrients, poor nail care, the use of harsh chemicals, or simple wear and tear, might contribute to damaged nails.
In addition to being unpleasant, weak, peeling, and brittle nails could indicate an underlying medical condition. Luckily, there are products and procedures you can use and follow to repair your nails and give them a strong, healthy appearance once more. We’ll have a look at a few of these products and procedures.
Foods for Healthy Nails
- Healthy nails thrive on the mineral, iron. Dark green leafy vegetables, beans and lentils, whole grains, and soybeans all contain it. Iron deficiency can cause brittle or discolored nails, accelerated aging, and white patches on the nails. In order to avoid anemia during this period, women who are expecting or nursing should eat supplemental sources of iron.
- Vitamin B. Vitamin B is essential for healthy nails and hair because it contributes to maintaining regular metabolic function. When you eat more natural foods high in Vitamin B, such as eggs, fish, and meat, your nails will grow faster and stronger.
- Magnesium, a mineral required for strong nerves and muscles as well as for maintaining nail growth, also controls nail development. It can be found in almonds, cashews, dark green vegetables, and whole grains.
- Zinc is required for strong nails. It promotes the synthesis of keratin, the substance in your nails that gives them strength and suppleness. Zinc is produced by the body from proteins found in meals. Red meats, shellfish, chicken, lentils, and pumpkin seeds are a few examples.
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C, often referred to as ascorbic acid, is a mineral that promotes healthy nails. Several foods contain it, notably, bell peppers, broccoli, strawberries, citrus, and tomatoes.
Best Products for Nail Care
This award-winning cuticle oil is infused with jojoba oil and vitamin E. Repeated use drives nutrients in deeper, creating stronger, healthier nails and hydrated cuticle area. SOLAROIL™ should be used with ANY nail service.
• Deeply penetrates and protects skin and nails.
• Helps reduce visible signs of aging, keeping skin soft and supple.
• Keeps natural nails, nail polish and nail enhancements tough & flexible.
• Repeated use helps drive oils into natural nails and nail enhancements, maximizing the benefits and reducing service breakdown.
• Apply daily to top and underside of nails and massage into surrounding skin.
This is a highly effective new treatment from CND that repairs damaged nails with the power of Keratin protein and moisturizing jojoba oil. With daily use, peeling and white spots are dramatically reduced. See a difference daily.
Week 1: 80% noticed improvements / 80% saw less white spots
Week 4: 80% less peeling / 73% less splitting
• Re-builds weakened keratin
• Helps to strengthen damaged and weakened natural nails.
• Helps to prevent splitting.
• Nurtures and softens the skin around the nail plate.
• Apply to bare natural nails twice daily, massaging into the entire nail, nail edge and cuticle. • Use for up to 4 weeks for optimal results.
CND CUTICLE ERASER®
CUTICLE ERASER® micro-exfoliates cuticles with a rich, creamy blend of alpha-hydroxy acids that effectively moisturizes cuticles and helps prevent hangnails.
• Micro-exfoliates skin around nails for a healthy glow.
• Helps prevent cuticle build-up.
• Conditions skin and prevents hangnails.
• Massage a small amount into the nail plate and surrounding skin.